Erin turns 29 today! I’ll bet you didn’t know….
1. Erin is a ninja. The story is that once when she was being darted for capture at a facility where she lived previously, she actually caught the dart in mid-air! (Sorry, no photo of that incident; you’ll have to take our word for it.)
2. Erin has a competitive streak that manifests itself in her relationships to other nearby females. Some of our caregivers call Gibbon House #7 “The ladies’ room” from the way our Erin will regularly have intense staring contests with her neighbors Elsa, E.T., and Uma.
3. Erin is—vis-à-vis a number of other black-furred females at IPPL, like Helen (“the Hellion”) and Dianne (“Let’s-scare-the-bejeebers-out-of-the-new-animal-caregiver-today”), to name a couple—a refreshingly mild-mannered gibbon who gently takes tidbits from her caregivers.
4. Erin can still see her daughter Cathy, who was paired with sweet Michael two years ago, in an enclosure not too far away. Even though Cathy and Michael seem to be quite a compatible pair, we often see Cathy hanging out in her tower and looking in her mother’s direction.
5. Erin and Ziggy are a fairly private couple, but we do catch them tenderly grooming each other every now and then, as we did earlier today. The magic is still there!
- Africa (26)
- Americas (2)
- Asia (8)
- Blog (194)
- Bushmeat (1)
- International Primate Trade (5)
- IPPL Advocacy (24)
- IPPL Sanctuary (81)
- IPPL Spotlight (9)
- Meet Our Gibbons (34)
- Our Global Partners (14)
- Partner Spotlight (6)
- Pet Primates (4)
- Primate Labs (2)
- Primates in Entertainment (2)
- Remembering (10)
- Success Stories (7)
- Zoos (1)