Do you enjoy wildlife and animals? Do you have mechanical and maintenance skills and want more than just a job?
Apply to be a Maintenance Technician at the IPPL sanctuary
The International Primate Protection League (IPPL) in Summerville, SC is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to join the team at our sanctuary. The Maintenance Technician will construct and maintain facilities and equipment and perform a variety of basic and complex repairs and preventative maintenance. To do well in this role, you must have previous experience in maintenance, be proficient with both hand and power tools, and have a high mechanical aptitude. We have an immediate opening for a motivated, experienced Maintenance Technician with great attention to detail and pride in final product.
Maintenance Technician Major Duties :
- Assist Maintenance Manager in performing all tasks associated with the construction, maintenance, and repairs of sanctuary facilities and equipment.
- Support facility operations at the sanctuary to ensure the health and safety of resident animals.
- Provide expedited response for all time-sensitive maintenance requests.
- Handle maintenance requests for basic, complex, major repairs as directed.
- Coordinate work with other departments to minimize disruptions while ensuring successful completion of projects and tasks.
Maintenance Technician Primary Tasks :
Working under the direction and supervision of Maintenance Manager, the incumbent’s daily tasks will include:
- Repair and inspect machines, equipment, or structures as directed
- Perform preventative maintenance including but not limited to filter cleaning, lock lubrication.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Construct, maintain, repair, and landscape indoor and outdoor facilities and furnishings
- Assist grounds maintenance team as needed.
- Maintain complete and accurate records about facilities, equipment, work duties, etc.
- Attend staff meetings regularly
- Perform other duties as assigned
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
Experience: Applicants must have at least six (6) months of experience working in a facilities maintenance role; Welding and/or HVAC and experience working in animal facilities are a plus.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required; technical college degree or certification desired.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
No phone calls. Thanks!
The gibbons and otters keep us extra busy. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
IPPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer